Best Window Cleaning Tips: How to Get Your Windows Sparkling Clean in No Time
Window cleaning can be a daunting task, but with the right tips it doesn’t have to be. You can make your windows look like new again by using some simple techniques and products that you probably already have in your home. Follow these best window cleaning tips and tricks for streak-free windows every time!
- Clean your windows with a mixture of water and vinegar: Vinegar is an effective cleaning agent that won’t leave behind streaks or residue, which is perfect for streak-free windows!
- Use newspaper to wipe down the window frame: It’s eco-friendly and cheap! Just make sure to use plain, black and white newspaper, not the glossy colored pages.
- Apply glass cleaner on the outside of the window, not inside: You’ll avoid leaving behind streaks or residue on your windows.
- Wipe off any residue left by newspapers with a dry cloth: You’ll get a squeaky clean finish and avoid leaving behind any streaks or residue.
- Finish up by wiping down the outside of the window frame again, using another piece of newspaper or paper towel: This helps to remove any excess cleaner left on the window frame.
- When you are done, use an old toothbrush to scrub away any dirt that may be stuck in between cracks or crevices on your windows (optional): This helps remove grime or other buildup in small areas of the window frame and sills.
Tips for cleaning windows:
- Keep your windows closed and taped up, if possible.
- Remove any screens from your windows before you clean them.
- If there is a lot of buildup on the window frame or sill, let it soak for about half an hour prior to scrubbing it down with a toothbrush (optional).
- Drop newspaper pieces in a bucket of vinegar to soak up excess dirt and grime.
- Use a squeegee or rag on the outside, but if you use a squeegee, make sure not to press too hard against the windowpane (for fear of cracking).
- Wipe your windows with newspaper rather than paper towels, as they can leave behind lint and leave behind residue when wet.
- Shake off excess water from your squeegee before pulling it across the window pane, to avoid streaking.
- Extend your reach by using a telescoping pole with a squeegee or extension pole for hard to reach areas such as upper floors in condos and apartments. Don’t forget that you can also use a bucket to help you reach higher!
- Use a squeegee with an open channel for the best results.
- If you have vertical blinds, don’t forget to clean behind your slats!
- Allow your windows/glass surfaces to air dry or dry them by using a microfiber cloth or paper towel.
- Avoid using paper towels as they can leave behind lint or streaks.
- Don’t forget to clean your windows during the winter as well as summer!
- If you accidentally smudge a window, simply use water and a squeegee to remove it.
Window cleaning is an important task that should not be overlooked. Not only does it make your windows look streak-free and shiny, but it also helps keep them clean and free of dirt, grime, and other buildup. Window cleaning is especially important during the winter months when the cold air can cause windows to become covered in frost or ice. By following these simple tips, you can make your windows look like new again in no time!
786 Eagle Ridge Trail, Stillwater, MN 55082